Thank you/ Thanksgiving Card
I used the Handmade Wishes stamp set for the greeting on this card; the stamp set will be retiring even though the punch is carrying over. Strange but true. The outline stamps for the punch can be used with any greeting, not just Christmas, and right now you can get the stamp set and punch as a bundle at 10% off.
I tried several coloring techniques with the Leaf Fall embossing folder but liked the embossed look without coloring the best:
I used a combination of gold and copper embossing on the greeting. The outside is gold, the inside is copper.
Sigh…… it’s one of those days! The software I use to add the watermark froze up and the camera isn’t catching the colors. But you need to see the Handmade Wishes stamp set before it goes away and, more importantly, you need to see this die:
This Mini Pocket Envelope Die! It is the perfect size for gift cards and look at all the other dies that are included:
A miniature oval, branch of leaves die, scalloped rectangle, tags and tiny dies to punch circles or a slot for twine or ribbon! And check out the little bow you can make with two of the dies. You need this die – trust me – no more manually cutting and scoring to make a gift card holder, it is all done with the die.
Recipe for Thanksgiving Card
- Base: Thick Very Vanilla, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Layer 1: Thick Very Vanilla, 4 3/4 X 3 1/2, (X2) outside and inside
- Layer 2: Thick Very Vanilla, 4 1/2 X 3 1/4, embossed with Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder
- Inside Gift Card Holder: Designer Series Paper (retired), 4 1/2 X 5, die cut with Mini Pocket Envelope Die; stamp the very top of the gift card holder in Versa Mark with ‘For You’ from Handmade Wishes and emboss with copper embossing powder.
- Greeting: Very Vanilla, Scrap, stamp with border from Handmade Wishes stamp set in Versa Mark and emboss with gold embossing powder. Stamp ‘Endlessly Grateful’ from Very Best Occasions stamp set and the scrolly from the Handmade Wishes stamp set in Versa Mark and emboss with copper embossing powder. Punch with the Handmade Tag Punch
- 7″ of ribbon folded in thirds and attached to the back of the greeting with glue dots
The small leaves I used on the inside are from the retired Square Pilllowbox dies and the front open leaf, die cut in gold, is from the retired Stitched Seasons Framelits dies. The two leaves at the bottom left of the greeting are from the retired Gathered Leaves Dies with the larger leaf die cut in copper foil and the smaller in brushed metallic foil.
SAL, Share A Love