How was your Thanksgiving? Hopefully all went well and your turkey or other main dish was perfect and the family/friend time was memorable!
I have another Thanksgiving card for you, but unlike the elegance of the previous post with the beautiful Fall Leaves embossing folder of Stampin’ Up!, this one is a ‘smile maker’ using a stamp and die from Divinity Designs called ‘Happy Fall’.
The layers are made using the Stampin’ Up! Deckled Rectangles dies, the corn stalks are from Stampin’ Up!’s retired Chick dies and the fence is from the retired Birthday Chick Dies. The pumpkins, flowers, leaves and spring scrolly are leftovers from a past Paper Pumpkin kit, and the inside greeting is from the retired Stampin’ Up! Basket of Wishes. The scarecrow is mounted on a small craft spring (a wobble) from Michaels. The Happy Thanksgiving is part of the Happy Fall set and is embossed with retired Early Espresso embossing powder. The inside greeting is stamped with Early Espresso.
The Soft Suede card stock and the Crushed Curry cardstock die cut with the Deckled Rectangle dies are all current products. The scarecrow was stamped with Memento Black ink and then colored with Stampin’ Blends:
- Pants – Dk Seaside Spray, Lt Night of Navy
- Shirt – Dk and Lt Granny Apple Green
- Wood Pole – Bronze
- Belts – Dk Crumb Cake the layered with Lt Daffodil Delight
- Patches – Lt Calypso Coral, Lt Real Red, Lt Highland Heather
- Hat – Lt & Dk Daffodil Delight
- Hat Band – Lt Seaside Spray, Dk Night of Navy, Color Lifter
- Bird Beak – Dk Black
- Bird Nose – Dk Pumpkin Pie
- Face – Ivory, 2 layers, extra on cheeks
- Straw – Dk Mango Melody layered with Lt Crumb Cake
- Base: Soft Suede, 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Outside Layers: Crushed Curry, 4 X 10 1/2, die cut one #7 and one #8 of Deckled Rectangles
- Inside Layers: Crushed Curry, 2 1/2 X 7 1/2, die cut one #3 and one #4 of Deckled Rectangles
- 3 Corn Stalks: Very Vanilla, 3 3/4 X 3 3/4 die cut 3 stalks with Chick Dies and sponge slightly with Crumb Cake
- Fence: Basic Gray, 1 X 4 1/2, cut 2 fences from the Birthday Chick Dies, cut off two posts, sponge with gray
- Scarecrow: Basic White, 4 X 3
The layers are glued directly down to the base, then the fence is added followed by the cornstalks tied together with a piece of linen thread. A craft spring is adhered to the back of the scarecrow and he is placed a little right of center on the card front. The pumpkins, leaves, flowers and the scrolly like embellishment are all pieces from a Paper pumpkin glued on directly to the top layer.
The big news is that the clearance rack has been refreshed! Remember those six dies that were a special for a limited time? They are now in the clearance rack and the stamps are still available.
The second news is that the retired products list is now available so you can check your list and make sure you have everything you want before they go away.
Thirdly – the Fitting Florets suite has specialty products only available through January 4!
And last but not least, the January Paper Pumpkin is gift card boxes! Click on each banner to go to the store.
Yes, Sal, 16 different gift card holder boxes! Be ready for every occasion in the new year!
December’s host code is: EJT6KYGE