Hello Stamping Friends,
What a flurry of sales we have had over the last six days and today is the last day for the final sale on Tools and Inks.
Select Adhesives, Applicators, Cleaners, Cutting Tools, Embossing Folders, Framelits and Thinlits, Ink Pads, Ink Refills, Markers, Punches, Scoring Tools, Stamp Blocks and Cases are 10% off through 11:50 pm tonight. Click Here to view.
I will be submitting an order using the hostess code TJPDW3JC at 7:00 tonight. If you would like to join me in getting a discount on these sale items submit your order before 7:00 pm using the hostess code.
There are only three days left for the Snowflake Showcase set of products. It is only available through November 30.
My first of four Stamp A Stacks was yesterday and we used the Snowfall Thinlits and the Snow is Glistening stamp set to make this floating card I cased from ‘Stampin’ With Glittermum’ adding glitter enamel dots and a unique inside.
The Glitter Enamel Dots (#146934) page 197 in the annual catalog are perfect for the centers!
I made the inside a folded card for a ‘card inside a card’, stamping the greeting on the front, under the top panel, and then overstamping with the snowflake dots stamp in the set.
Snowflake Poem printable pdf file
Click the blue to download a printable pdf file with two poems. Print the file on 8 1/2 X 11 Whisper White cardstock and trim the left side 1/2″. Trim each poem to 5 1/4″ long and score at 4″. Your inside card should be 8″ X 5 1/4″.
- Base is Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 7 1/4″ X 4 1/4″, Scored at 5 1/2″. I started by cutting the cardstock in half the long way 11″ X 4 1/4″ and then made the 7 1/4″ cut using the rest for two of the three panels needed.
- 3 panels in Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 4 1/4″ X 1 3/4″, One panel will attach to the front of the window sheet and two panels will attach to the back of the front to cover the tape on the window sheet.
- Window Sheet: 4 1/4″ X 3″, place a piece of Tear and Tape on the top and on the bottom of the Window Sheet. Remove the backing from just the bottom tape on the Window Sheet and attach the Window Sheet to the back of a panel. Line up the panel even with the very bottom of the card, remove the top tape backing on the window sheet and fold the top of the card base over the window sheet. Adhere the other two panels to the back of the front covering the window sheet but being careful to keep the panels in line with the base of the card.
- 2 coordinating panel layers in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana) : 4 X 1 1/2″ , adhere to front
- 2 top panel layers in Whisper White: 3 3/4″ X 1 1/4″, We will make our own Designer Series Paper. Using the little multiple snowflake stamp, stamp randomly in the darker ink, then stamp the larger single snowflake in the lighter ink and finish off with filling in any blanks with the tiny single snowflake in the lighter ink. Hint: place the two panels next to each other on your grid sheet to stamp them at the same time.
- 2 large snowflakes in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana): 8 1/2″ X 3 1/2″, Cut two snowflakes with the largest thinlit and use Tombow liquid glue to adhere one snowflake to the front middle of the Window Sheet,; Tombow gives you the ability to adjust the snowflake to center it top and bottom. When you are satisfied with the placement, hold the snowflake in place for a bit since it won’t adhere immediately to the window sheet. Attach the second snowflake to the back of the window sheet lining it up with the front snowflake.
- 1 Sparkle snowflake: 2″ X 2″, use Sparkle Glimmer Paper and the medium thinlit to cut a sparkly snowflake. Use Tombow glue to dot the back of the snowflake – count to 10 and then adhere to the large snowflake. Waiting a few seconds keeps the glue from gushing out when you adhere your piece. Attach a matching Glitter Enamel Dot in the center.
- The center panel is Whisper White: 8″ X 5 1/4″ scored at 4″ for an inside card in a card or 4″ X 5 1/4″ for a flat inside.
Be sure you stamp your greeting and sign your name under the panels of the card not under the window sheet.
You may never need another snowflake stamp if you purchase this set with its various sizes. The thinlits even have an attached set of snowflakes for a fun flurry! Purchase by Friday, November 30!
The second card at my Stamp A Stack I will call Comfort & Joy cased somewhat from someone on Pinterest:
Timeless Tidings (#148936) is the stamp set I used for the greetings. It can be seen on page 33 of the Holiday catalog. The greetings are beautiful and I love the mixture of fonts in small and large sizes!
- Base – Call Me Clover: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Whisper White: 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ embossed with the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder (#146833)
- Two strips of Silver Foil Paper: 4 3/8″ X 1/2″ (the extra 1/8 gives you ease in lining it up under the Whisper White layer- just clip off the excess). I used Tombow again on the back of the white layer and then laid it on the silver strip, top and bottom.
- Flowers: 3/4″ X 4″ Silver Foil,and 3/4″ X 4″ Sparkle glimmer paper. Cut six of each with the thinits from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. There are three flower dies of the same size so you only have to run them twice on each paper strip to get six flowers. Adhere with glue dots offsetting slightly to leave a shadow of silver behind the sparkle flower. Add a red rhinestone (#146924) to the top pushing the rhinestone firmly into the glitter paper.
- Bow: 1/8″ Real Red Ribbon (#144631), 10″ trimmed as needed
The Stamparatus worked great for stamping the Merry Christmas with the green ink multiple times to get a dark image.
The third card I cased from Donna Ross at Stamped Sophisticates just changing out the greeting to use the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set greeting(#148478). It is on page 13 of the Holiday Catalog. The Farmhouse Framelits Dies that match the set (10% off if you bundle them) has a stitched banner framelit used here for the Merry Christmas cut out. The little gold bows are also in the Farmhouse framelit set.
It is so much prettier in real life with the All Is Bright Designer Series Paper (#147892) a beautiful, realistic print with deep green and bright red colors. I used the Timeless Tidings set again for the inside greeting which matched the font in the front greeting from Farmhouse Merry Christmas!
- Base – Garden Green: 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- First Layer and inside layer – Old Olive: 5 1/4″ X 4″ – make 2
- Second Layer Outside – All Is Bright Designer Series Paper: 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Inside Second Layer – Very Vanilla: 5″ X 3 3/4″, the Designer Series Paper strips will be glued to this
- Designer Series Paper Strips for inside: 5/8″ X 5″ (or use my trick of making it 5 1/8″ long and then clip the ends)
- Greeting – Very Vanilla: 6″ X 3″, Stamp the greeting once in Real Red, Clean, Stamp again in Garden Green. Cut out the Garden Green greeting with the 2 3/8″ Stitched Shapes circle framelit. Cut out the Merry Christmas in Real Red with the stitched banner in the Farmhouse Framelits.
- Gold Base of the greeting – gold foil paper: 3 3/4″ X 3 1/4″ , Cut out with the Stitched Labels Framelit(#146828) see on page 17 and on page 220 of the Annual Catalog. Pop up each piece of the greeting – the gold is popped up, then the circle is popped up and the banner is popped up.
- With the scrap gold foil you have left over, use the Farmhouse little bows framelit and cut out three gold bows. Adhere two to the greeting and one to the inside.
I still have a couple of spots left at next Tuesday morning and Friday evening Stamp A Stacks- 9:30 Tuesday, 6:30 Friday. I will have three new designs and you will make two of each design for a total of six cards at a cost of $25. Goodies, door prizes and thank you gifts always appear! I need RSVPs by Saturday at the latest.
Check out the sales, check out the Clearance Rack and save! Again the hostess code through 7:00 tonight is TJPDW3JC.
SAL, Save A Lot
May you have a wonderful time with family and friends and count your blessings many times over!
A quick reminder that the Stamp A Stacks are coming up:
- November 27, Tuesday, 9:30 – 12:00; and November 30, Friday 6:30 -9:00 Six cards each session $25
- December 4, Tuesday, 9:30 – 12:00; and December 7, Friday 6:30 – 9:00 Six cards each session $25
I need RSVPs as soon as you know your schedule since I will be traveling for Thanksgiving. There will be a Door Prize each session, Thank You gifts and Goodies of course!
At my very first Christmas workshop we made the luminary shown on page 9 of the Holiday catalog and the Dashing Deer white and gold Christmas card shown on page 8 – with a few changes of course. It is pretty in the day-time-
The Dollar Store had large battery operated candles that worked well. The catalog uses the Galvanized Metallic Paper (#147805) shown on page 43 of the Holiday catalog. I used a retired Naturals Cardstock but we have thick Very Vanilla Cardstock(#144237) that would work beautifully!
- 2 – Very Vanilla Thick cardstock 8 1/2″ X 8 1/2″; score both at 4″ and 8″, use a pencil and ruler to mark 3/4″ on all sides and cut out the window openings. With Soft Suede ink stamp the single flower from the set in the opposite corners of each side and then stamp 1/2 of the garland stamp on the short (horizontal) side and the whole garland on the long (vertical) side.
- 4 – Vellum 3 3/4″ X 8″ ; glue to each window opening
- Base – Very Vanilla Thick cardstock 5″ X 5″; score the base at 1/2″ each side, cut out corners
- 2 – Deer – Very Vanilla 4″ X 6″; Cut out with your flying Detailed Deer Thinlit. The catalog uses the corrugated Embossing Folder to stripe the deer (#148026). I used the retired Diagonal Stripe background stamp to stamp the deer using Soft Suede ink. Remember to turn one over before stamping so you have the deer going opposite ways. To mount, I used glue dots and a tiny bit of the Fine Tip Glue on the horns.
- 4 Branches – Early Espresso – the catalog uses the Night Owl Thinlits Dies, pg 41 (#147920), I used the Petals & More Thinlits (#145655) and cut off the end of the leaves so they looked like branches. Use two branches going opposite ways for the top and two for the bottom. This is the first layer of your corner garland.
- 4 Spruce Branches for the next layer – Garden green – Cut with the Christmas Staircase Thinlits (#144679)
- 2 Sprig Punches, (page 29, #148012) cut in half – Granny Apple Green – layer on the spruce branches
- 2 – 12″ lengths of Gold Metallic Thread; wrap around three fingers and attach to the sprigs with glue dots
- 6 – flowers cut with the Detailed Deer Thinlits – Cherry Cobbler – layered on the gold thread
- 18 – flower centers cut with a 1/16 hole punch using a 1/2″ X 2″ strip of Pineapple Punch cardstock. With our new Take Your Pick tool, (page 30 #144107) you can easily pick up the tiny pieces and place them on your project.
Now let’s make the Happiest Christmas Wishes card changing up a few things from the catalog:
On page 11 of the Holiday catalog there are Foil-Edged Cards and Envelopes in gold, #147901, and silver #147900. I used the gold for this card.
For embossing with our gold embossing powder remember these steps:
Step 1: tap with embossing buddy on whole area;
Step 2: Stamp in Versa Mark;
Step 3: Coat with gold embossing powder; Turn over and flick off excess; use paintbrush to remove any other excess
Step 4: Heat until glossy
- Gold Foil-Edged Card base, Use gold embossing powder and emboss the garland from the stamp set in gold embossing powder on the base with the middle of the stamp 1/2″ down on the white part of the base and 1/2″ up on the bottom white part of the base. You will measure 1/2″ from the white edge not the gold edge. Use a light pencil mark so you know where to place the middle of the garland.
- Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder (#147923) Layer, Whisper White, 3 3/4″ X 3 3/4″
- 2 Gold Glimmer Paper strips- 1/2″ X 4″ , adhere to the top and bottom of the embossed layer, snip the ends. I find it is better to make little strips like this a bit longer and then snip them off so they are sure to be the perfect size.
- Gold Foil Cardstock – 3″ X 3 1/2″, cut out 1 flying deer and three gold flowers with the Detailed Deer Thinlits and use the scrap to punch 3 centers for the flowers with a 1/16″ hole punch.
- Banner, Whisper White Cardstock, 3/4″ X 2 1/2″, punch end with banner punch or a square punch, emboss the greeting
- 3- Top of the flowers: Whisper White, 1″ X 2″, layer on top of gold, slightly offsetting one edge and then add punched circle middle
- Inside – Whisper White 3 3/4″ X 5″; Emboss the greeting and the small standing deer with gold embossing powder.
One last project for today: Gift Bags using our beautiful Designer Series Paper!
Jill Olsen has a video on YouTube from years ago and she updated it this year, click to watch:
After our event, Lucille typed up directions for us so you would be able to print out a file for reference. Thank you, Lucille!
Gift Bag Instructions pdf file (click to download)
SAL, Sigh A Lot (as you sit back from the feast and marvel at your blessings)
Hello Stamping Friends,
We have another special set of products available to you now and only while supplies last!
The hostess code is D9ZUUB9X if your order is under $150. Club is on November 13 and Joy will be receiving credit through the hostess code for all your orders. Let’s make it great for her first time as our club hostess!
Here is a video from the home office:
“Every new snowflake comes to the earth
As a picture of our Savior’s birth,
Because they are sent from up above
And remind us of God’s care and love.
Each one is so intricate and small
Because Christ sees the details of us all,
And just as two are never the same
The Lord knows and calls us each by name.
Snowflakes gently cover the world in white
And hide what’s unlovely from our sight,
Showing us how He covers our sin
And gives us His grace when we come to Him.
So may every snowflake bring Christ to mind
And in every bit of white may we find
A reason to celebrate anew,
And a reminder of His love for you.
Stamp A Stacks- six cards, two of each design, $25
Please RSVP at least three days prior to the event! Attend 1 or attend all 4 and have 24 Christmas cards. Door prize at each event, thank you gifts and snacks to keep up your energy!
November 27, Tuesday morning, 9:30-12:00
November 30, Friday night, 6:30 – 9:00 (same cards as Tuesday)
December 4, Tuesday morning, 9:30 – 12:00 Three new designs
December 7, Friday night, 6:30- 9:00 (same cards as Tuesday)
December 15, Saturday night, 6:30 – 10:00 Christmas party potluck, Make And Take team challenge, games, prizes
SAL, Sing A Long with carolers this Christmas!
Check out these beautiful cards made by the lovely Linda Cullen: