Our stamping group met together on the traditional second Tuesday of the month and it just happened to be Valentine’s Day this year! I pulled out my ‘hearts’ collection and created a heart of hearts Valentine similar to a card made by Mary Herdt only monochromatic red and white with different embossing folders, a different background for the hearts and hearts instead of flowers for bling. I will note the products I used in the recipe.
. Let me guess…. you forgot to take a picture of the inside before you wrote in them?!
Yes, and handwriting is not my forte.
- Base: Thick Basic White, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Stamp the lace look 1 1/2 down from the top and 1 1/2 up from the bottom with retired Delicate Details stamp (note: I used the Stamparatus so I could stamp twice for a darker image)
- Stamp ‘Cherished Friend’ with greeting from Lovely You stamp set
- Inside Layer: Basic White, 4 X 5 1/4, stamped with Real Red using 2 stamps from the retired Valentine Love
- Sparkly Background: Red Glitter Paper, 2 1/2 (minus a hair so 2 7/16) X 4 1/4 (minus a hair so 4 3/16)
- It is a good idea to cut your background paper just slightly smaller than the top layer
- Top Layer: Basic White, 2 1/2 X 4 1/4, die cut with Blooming Happiness Die
- after rolling out the little cuts, push the little leaves up from the backside for more texture
- Three Smallest Hearts: Basic White, 2 1/4 X 2 1/4, Cut and embossed using the retired Embosslits Fashionable Hearts
- Large Hearts (X2): Basic White, 2 X 2, punch with the retired heart punch which measures 1 3/4 across at the top
- Emboss one with the Ornate Flower 3D embossing folder
- Emboss the other with the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder
- Bling it up!
- Two red Glossy Dots
- Two connected hearts die cut from the Many Hearts Die (from the long die of hearts cut just the two connected hearts fussy cutting the two away from the other hearts
I bet they can use any of their heart’s stash of stamps and dies to make a similar card!
Yes, Sal, and any embossing folder could be used!
Thank you for sharing a bit of your precious time today as Sal and I strive to bring a pinch of creativity to your crafting world!
Sal, Send A bit of Love
The hostess code is C3XMWVCS; click on Sal to order; Current products are in orange