Do you need a party favor for an event? These cute Post It Note Holders are great. It also makes a different type of thank you gift that will make your recipient smile and give her/him something quite useful!
These are the absolute cutest butterfly dies Stampin’ Up! has ever had! They are not realistic just fun and ‘whimsical’ as one of my stampers commented. This little guy is from the Build A Butterfly Dies set you can see on page 37 of the Annual Catalog. My catalog tab at the top of the blog will take you to a pdf of that catalog.
This set uses the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper in the July-December mini catalog, pg. 49.
I found a pack of three post it notes at the grocery store in the office section — on sale!!
For sure, Sal. You just never know where you will find the beginning of inspiration! I looked at several crafters directions and combined a little from each to get what I have here. I loved the rounded corners on the flap that one lady used and I really thought the back should have a pretty piece of the designer series paper, not just the front. I have the little magnets from one of our previous projects -Amazon:
so I used those instead of velcro dots. Do you see the little tiny heart on the magnet in the fall set? I have a tiny heart punch in my stash that was the perfect size and didn’t interfere with the magnet.
- Base: A-Parakeet Party/B-Cajun Craze, 9 1/4 X 3 1/8
- Score at 2 1/4, 2 5/8, 5 3/4, 6 1/8
- Top & Back Layer (X2): A-Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper/ B-Rustic Harvest DSP, 2 7/8 X 2 7/8
- Flap: Same DSP, 2 X 2 7/8, Corner Round the bottom only of the flap edges, leave the top squared
- Greeting: A-Sweet Songbirds Stamp Set for the little note of thanks stamped on a Calypso Coral scrap and cut with a Pretty Pillowbox Die/ B- Sweet Songbirds Stamp Set for the thank you and also to stamp the little wood sign in Soft Suede on Crushed Curry before stamping the thank you.
- For the magnets- using a glue dot adhere the inside bottom magnet 1 1/2 down and centered from side to side. Close the bottom flap and place the second magnet on the top of the flap- it will automatically attach to the first magnet. Place a glue dot on top of the magnet and carefully close the top flap onto the bottom flap keeping your score lines square.
It would have been better, for sure!
- A- adhere the thank you and then die cut a Starry Sky butterfly using the Build A Butterly Dies. Adhere with a glue dot and add a Fun Flower Resin Shape
- B-16″ of ribbon to make a belly band and attach the little sign with a glue dot to the band after tying
Thank you for spending part of your day with me!
SAL, Smile A Little
Karen – Hostess code through August 24 is 3BACA4QZ