Hello Stamping Friends,
Hostess Code through September 15: WKQ6CJ7R
At our July Club we made a special card using the Shaded Summer stamp set and the Summer Shadows dies to do a Partial Die cut and Shadow stamping
Ahh, Sal, I love to find new ways to do things so I have something new to teach my customers. I used a 3/8″ circle punch and punched a little hole on the right side between the images and then, with the card closed, and a pencil line marking a straight line from the right, I punched the left hand side.
Recipe for Shaded Summer Partial Die Cutting and Shadow Stamping
- Stamp Set: Shaded Summer in the Annual Catalog
- Summer Shadow Dies – Free during Sale A Bration with a $100 purchase
- 3/8″ Circle Punch, pencil, ruler, scissors
- Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine
- Inks: Evening Evergreen, Craft White
- Base: Just Jade, 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Top Layer: Experessions In Ink Designer Series Paper (DSP) 4 X 5 1/4
- Inside Layer 1: Mint Macaron, 4 X 5 1/4
- Inside Layer 2: Evening Evergreen, 3 3/4 X 5
- Ribbon: Soft Succulent 3/8″ Open Weave Ribbon, 12″
- Embellishments: 3 In Color Jewels
To do a Partial Die Cut on the front:
- Temporarily glue DSP Top Layer flush to the right hand side of front card base.
- Set up Stamparatus to stamp the two Shaded Summer flower images, small at top, larger at bottom, as close as possible to right hand edge. Add the greeting to the stamparatus plate so you can stamp it at the same time.
- Stamp the images with Evening Evergreen until images are dark. If DSP has the darker portion at right it may take three times to stamp the images.
- Pencil a line with a ruler, 1″ over from right hand side. You will line the cutting plates up on this penciled line.
- Make your standard sandwich on the cutting machine with the platform #1, and #2, and then the #3 cutting plate.
- Place your open card on the cutting plate with right side of card base going in head first and secure your dies on the images with sticky notes or tape.
- Place the top cutting plate with its edge on the 1″ penciled line. I found it easiest to go in with the plate from the back of the cutting machine. Hold securely as you start to cut. The plate pops out the back rather hard so don’t have your machine where something could get broken with a flying cutting plate.
- Die cut the images and then fussy cut the sides and middle.
- Take the DSP off base and move over to the left to leave a nice border on the images. Glue in place.
To do Shadow Stamping on inside:
- Use the Stamparatus as above with the two flower images in same place yet position your Evening Evergreen inside layer 1/4″ less than where you positioned your card base, I made lines on the grid sheet so I knew where to line up the base and where to line up the Evening Evergreen remembering that we have a Mint Macaron layer as well.
- Clean off the stamps and then ink them up with Craft White ink and stamp several times.
- Move the card just slightly to the right.
- Clean off the white ink and reink with Evening Evergreen .
- Stamp several times.
- Mount the inside greeting on a separate Stamparatus plate and repeat steps 2-5.
- When you attach your Evening Evergreen layer make sure it is positioned where the inside stamping doesn’t show.
It is, Sal, and the DSP does the rest of the work to make a beautiful card!
Thank you for being with me for this card demonstration. If you don’t have a demonstrator I would love to have a chance to bring a pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world! I have clubs and events and a group of Carin’ Crafters that make up my team. Check out my calendar and join us if you can, or gather your own group of friends and host a workshop to see if they might want to start a club. For club – I provide all the kits and members commit to a $25-$50 order depending on the number of members. For example our club of five commits to $30 each club so that the hostess reaches $150 in sales and earns free products. Contact me at 303-815-0838 to learn more.
The Hostess Code through September 15 is WKQ6CJ7R. Click on little Sal in the computer to go to the online store and shop! Remember it is currently Sale A Bration time and for each $50 or $100 order you receive free product. The other thing to think about is the Paper Pumpkin subscriptions that are available with holiday kits coming in the next months:
SAL, Shop A Little, Save A Lot with Sale A Bration