It was my turn for the monthly shoebox event in June and we made the hamburger punch art card you saw in the last post and this apron card using Stampin’ Up!’s retired Apron of Love stamp set and corresponding Apron Builder Framelits Dies. I started by searching my stash of DSP – designer series paper, to find a plaid design I liked. Dandy Designs DSP had a perfect orange plaid with grapefruit grove so I went with those colors. The reverse side of the plaid just happened to be the stars design which I used for the second layer.
- Stamp Set is Apron of Love; Dies are Apron Builder Framelits Dies and inside greeting is from Handsomely Suited
- Ink: Memento Black
- Base: Calypso Coral, 11 X 4 1/4, scored at 5 1/2
- Layer 1 (X2): Basic Black, 5 1/4 X 4, Note: Cut the middle out of this piece with the 4th Largest Deckled Die to be the third layer on the card
- Layer 2: Dandy Designs DSP, 5 X 3 3/4
- Layer 3: Basic Black, 2 3/4 X 4 1/8 cut with 4th largest Deckled Die, or See note at Layer 1
- Layer 4: Grapefruit Grove, 3 3/4 X 2 1/2, die cut with next smallest Deckled Rectangle Die
- Inside Layer 2: Grapefruit Grove, 5 X 3 3/4, The greeting is from Handsomely Suited; mask off the handsome to just get Happy Father’s Day
- Apron: Dandy Designs DSP, 2 1/4 X 3, stamp with outline stamp in Apron of Love stamp set and then die cut
- Apron Ties & Neck Band: Basic Black, 3 X 1 1/4
- Pocket: Calypso Coral, 2 X 1 1/2, stamp with outline stamp and word stamps, then die cut
- Utensils: Silver Foil, 2 X 2, Note: use a scrap of woodgrain DSP to die cut handles
- Hearts: DSP, 1 1/4 X 1 1/4
- Buttons: Black sequins adhered with a glue dot
The apron and the pocket are popped up with dimensionals, the other layers are adhered directly to paper.
These are pictures of the sets.
Another set that works well with cooking is the What’s Cookin’ set and Cookin’ Dies:
Well, Sal, I plan on using them and it is nice to go to a post instead of going to my stash to see what I have, and others might have this in their stash and will be reminded what a nice set this is.
Did I not post that one? Hmmmm……. I don’t see that card in the recipe box so let’s do a quick show and tell:
This is how I started the card but it needed something in the window- a tree, a bird, a ….
So I die cut a white layer with the Deckled Rectangle Die, sponged a sunset sky:
- Orchid Oasis – top
- Daffodil Delight – second layer
- Crushed Curry – third layer
- Calypso Coral – fourth layer
I die cut a bird and branch from the Lovebirds die by Elizabeth Craft Designs and colored the branches and birds with the intent of making the birds look like the red finch birds we see at our feeder every day. I die cut a few extra leaves and colored them with Daffodil Delight for falling leaves. I colored the leaves with Stampin’ Blends of Dk Daffodil Delight and Lt Soft Succulent so they have that fall look as well.
Now look at the card with the birds, branches and sunset in the background:
- Base: Bermuda Bay, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Layer 1: Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper, 4 X 5 1/4
- Using the Window Frame Die cut out window from DSP; note: 5/8″ from left and right sides
- Window: Basic Grey, 3 1/4 X 3 3/4
- Glass: Window Sheet, 2 1/2 X 3 1/4
- Counter Top: Another of the DSP pack, 4 X 3/4
- Cooking tools & Bowl: Basic White 2 3/4 X 4, stamp in Basic Grey the bowl, spatula, cups;
- color the stripes on the bowl in Bermuda Bay
- use an Exacto knife to cut a slit in the bowl for the utensils
- Die cut the cutting board from a scrap of wood tone- I think this is Cinnamon Cider
- Stamp the rolling pin on a scrap of bermuda bay and a second time on a wood tone and die cut; cut off the ends of the wood tone rolling pin and adhere to the bermuda bay rolling pin
- Stamp the spatula a second time on Bermuda Bay and die cut – cut off the handle and adhere the top over the die cut on Basic White
- The turner is die cut from black foil
- The whisk is die cut from silver foil
- Greeting: Basic White, 2 X 2, stamp with Basic Grey and greeting in the What’s Cookin’ set, punch with 1 3/4″ circle punch and sponge the edge
- Inside: Basic White, 4 X 5 1/4, die cut with Deckled Rectangle and sponge per above directions
- Greeting is stamped in Tuxedo Black with the Go To Greetings stamp set Happy Birthday
- Embellish with Bermuda Bay dots, a Bermuda Bay heart and a 1/8″ wide Bermuda Bay ribbon
I hope we have brought “a pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world”!
SAL, Share A Love of cooking