Hello Stamping Friends,
Hostess code for December: 6KSWKDMM
Did you miss me? Right before Thanksgiving I received an email from my web host company that their company had been hacked and my blog was locked until I changed my password and did a list of things to protect the website. I didn’t want to work on it with all the Thanksgiving preparations and Christmas shopping at craft shows but I am up and running again! Thank you for your patience.
Did you go to Tagawa or the Fairgrounds for the craft shows? They were amazing this year. I am sure everyone spent the last year of COVID creating wonderful things to sell!!
Let’s not go there! Let’s look at November swaps:
The video was made a couple weeks ago so the sale I talk about is over but we have a new sale on retiring products. I will post that down below.
This card is a case of one made by Lezards de Cilou. Hers was made as a much larger card but the idea was great so I made a normal A2 size card,.
Woodtone Designer Series Paper (DSP) is either ‘In Good Taste’ or ‘Beauty Of The Earth’ (Both are in the Annual Catty) or just use Early Espresso and Emboss with the Bark 3D embossing folder.
Stamp Sets: Nuts About Squirrels and Pretty Pumpkins
Inks: Soft Suede- squirrel outlines; Cinnamon Cider for stamping the color of the squirrels; Pumpkin Pie for greetings and one inside little leaf; Cajun Craze for a leaf; Crushed Curry for a leaf; Early Espresso for branches and veins on the leaves.
Blender Pens: Ivory for shading on the squirrels; Bronze for the top of the acorn; Lt Cajun Craze for bottom of acorn.
Marker: Pumpkin Pie to add dots to greetings
Dies: Layering Diorama Dies, Tailored Tag Dies
Embossing Folder: Cracked Paint
- Base: Bumble Bee, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2.
- Back Piece for a background: Woodtone DSP, 2 1/4 X 3 5/8, this is to be a background for your cutouts. Glue to base.
- Middle layer: Woodtone DSP, 3 5/8 X 4 5/8, die cut with smallest Layering Diorama Die, emboss with the Crackled Paint embossing folder and then distress and sponge the edges with Early Espresso- Turn this layer upside down so your openings are different.
- Very Top Layer: Woodtone Designer Series Paper; 3 7/8 X 4 7/8. Cut with the second from smallest Layering Diorama Die centering about 1 1/2″ top and bottom. Emboss with the Crackled Paint Embossing Folder. Sponge the cut out to add shadows and glue to the back piece you glued on the base.
- Tree Branches at top: DSP from Beauty Of The Earth, 1 3/4 X 4, fussy cut the edges
- Inside Layer: Basic White, 3 7/8 X 4 7/8, Stamp greeting, then the little leaves in bottom corner. The stamp set has a two time stamping for the leaves- the leaves are stamped and then the veins are stamped over top, I used Pumpkin Pie ink, Cajun Craze Ink and Crushed Curry Ink and then stamped the veins in Early Espresso.
- Squirrel, acorns and tree branch – Basic White, 3 3/4 X 5
- Stamp the squirrel outline in Soft Suede twice with the Stamparatus
- Stamp the two step coloring of the squirrels with Cinnamon Cider stamped off once, reinked and stamped off a second time
- Color in the squirrel with Ivory Stampin’ Blends
- Stamp two additional acorns and color with Bronze on the top and Lt. Cajun Craze on the bottom
- Stamp the tree branch with Early Espresso and fussy cut
- Greeting: Basic White, 1 1/2 X 3, Mask half the greeting with sticky note, ink, remove mask and then stamp. The inside gets the other half of the greeting doing the same thing. Then add three little dots with the Pumpkin Pie Marker. Cut the front with the smallest Tailored Tag Die. Hide the circle under the squirrel’s head.
After making a couple I determined the best way to add the layers was dimensionals around the opening of the middle layer and gluing the sides with glue runner or Tombow. Then the top is popped up with adhesive strips.
Using the Layering Diorama Dies is not as complicated as it looks and there are so many creative applications online. The Nuts About Squirrels carries over to next year so that is good news for you demonstrators wanting to use it for your classes.
They did and we should take a look so we have a scrapbook of ideas for the future!
Cindy’s card is a wonderful Thanksgiving greeting that you must see even though it is not a swap. Look at the many lovely Designer Series Papers she used and the Pretty Pumpkin stamp, linen thread and gold gems! The pumpkin is glossy and beautiful in real life. I think she used the baby wipe technique for the colors and then embossed with clear embossing powder. It sparkles!
Ann’s beautiful card uses the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper, Scalloped Contour Dies and Beautiful Trees dies.
Lori’s helping me with Christmas cards with her swap using the Playful Penguin Designer Series Paper and Misty Moonlight card stock, Layering Diorama Dies, Curvy Christmas sentiment, Christmas Whimsy card kit for star stamp, and fussy cut little creatures from the Designer Series Paper. So cute!!
Jo used the Days To Remember stamp set with the Brushwork Alphabet and lovely Designer Series Paper and sequins:
Joy used a Pale Papaya card base with a layer of Blackberry bliss (love that combo) and then weaved strips of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper on a Pale Papaya layer embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. She used the Pretty Pumpkins Stamp set with the bundled Detailed Pumpkins dies for the pumpkins and the greeting is from the same set.
Sharon’s card uses fun table name markers from her stash to make a cute Thanksgiving card:
Lucille’s card is lovely with lots of sparkle and stitched leaves on a Bumble Bee base with an Old Olive layer. The ‘hugs’ is die cut and the oval is a stitched oval.
Such talent! Thank you all!
The CLEARANCE RACK was refreshed on December 1 and there are many things still left. Click here:
The retiring list has been posted, click on the image below to go to the store for images or the pdf file if you prefer a list:
Here is a pdf of the Last Chance products if you prefer: Jul-Dec-2021-Mini-Catalog-PDF Last-Chance-Products_page order
Thank you to Deb Snyder for reformatting the Stampin’ Up! list!
Hostess code for December: 6KSWKDMM
Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator and letting me be a
SAL, Sending A Lot of cards to inspire you
Karen. (Click on little Sal to go to the online store)