Hello Stamping Friends,
March Hostess Code: A3VBV4QZ
Woo hoo! We met in person for a Stamp A Stack last week. I limited the class size but it was great to be together again.
Click to see the Youtube video with a special appearance by the Darling Donkey on a birthday card:
Yes, Sal, I posted my first Youtube video- YAY! It was a New Year’s Resolution and I did it –finally. So join me on youtube and click the subscribe button to see any new videos I post.
Do you want to see just one of these cards? Drag your scrolling button to these starting minutes:
- 20:46 Happy Birthday with the chick and the cupcake
- 33:01 Balloon chick with the cornstalk
- 52:59 Darling Donkey & Chick dies for a birthday card (Not in the picture)
- 57:02 Three Butterflies Friend Card with Butterfly Bijou DSP
- 01:13:00 Single Butterfly Diagonally cut Butterfly Bijou DSP
The first 20 minutes I do a quick review of all four cards and the products used.
Recipe for the Happy Birthday Chick with the Cupcake, 20:46 on video
- Base: Night of Navy, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Full Layer: Basic White, 5 1/4 X 4 (make 2)
- Background Square: Night of Navy, 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 -glued straight
- Middle Square: Playing With Patterns DSP, 3 X 3 – glued at an angle
- Top Square: Basic White, 2 1/2 X 2 1/2, glued straight
- Chick with Cupcake: Basic White, 2 1/2 X 2 1/2, stamp in Tuxedo Memento Black, colored with Stampin’ Blends- Daffodil Delight, Lt & Dk Mango Melody, Lt Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Lt Seaside Spray, Lt Smoky Slate
- Happy Birthday: Night of Navy, 2 1/4 X 1, placed on same size foam adhesive sheet and cut with die
- Streamers: Purple Posy, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, 3 X 3/4, make one of each color
- Embellishments: Playing With Patterns Resin Dots
- Inks: Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Tuxedo Memento Black
Recipe for the Balloon Chick with the cornstalk, 33:01 on video
Cased from Akiko Sudano of Stampin’ In the Meadows
- Base: Terracotta Tile, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Layer 1: Natural Touch Specialty Paper, 4 X 5 1/4
- Layer 2: Basic White, 3 1/2 X 4 3/4, Before adhering any of the cut out pieces, stamp Happy Birthday at the bottom, sponge with So Saffron and Balmy Blue blending brushes, and then emboss with Tasteful Textile embossing folder
- Inside Layer: Basic White, 4 X 5 1/4
- Inside Strip: Natural Touch Specialty Paper, 3/4 X 5 1/4
- Chicken with balloon: Thick Basic White, 2 3/4 X 4 1/4, stamped in Memento Black and colored with Stampin’ Blends, Ivory for the body leaving the head white, Dk Mango Melody for the feet and beak, Dk Pumpkin Pie for the balloon and top feathers
- Corn stalk and 3 husks: Granny Apple Green, 1 1/2 X 4 1/2
- 2 Chicks and 3 corns: Daffodil Delight, 1 1/4 X 3
- Grain Sacks: Crumb Cake, 1 1/2 X 2 3/4
- Streamer: Terracotta Tile, 3 X 3/4, color each end with black marker for eyes of chicks
Recipe for the Darling Donkey Double Z Fold Birthday card, 52:59 on video
Cased from Akiko Sudano of Stampin in the Meadows with a few changes:
- Base: Crumb Cake, 4 1/4 X 11, score 5 1/2 and 2 3/4
- Front Z fold strip: Crumb Cake, 1 1/8 X 11, score 2 3/4 and 5 1/2
- Panels: Oh So Ombre Bermuda Bay, 2 5/8 X 3 1/4, make 2 for first two panels
- Back Panel: Oh So Ombre Bermuda Bay, 2 3/4 X 3 1/4, make 1 – fits tight to the white panel
- White Panel: Basic White, 2 5/8 X 4 1/8
- Bottom Z fold strip panels: Forever Fern DSP, 1 X 5 3/8 , 1 X 2 5/8 (make 4)
- Cornstalks and corn husks: Granny Apple Green, 4 X 5 1/4, make four stalks and 12 husks
- Corn: So Saffron, 3/4 X 4, make 12
- Henhouse: Crumb Cake, 1 3/4 X 2 1/2, colored with Crumb Cake and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends
- Sign: Crumb Cake, 2 X 2, sponge the edges with crumb cake ink
- Fences: Basic White, 3/4 X 7, make 3, color edges with Lt Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend
- Donkey: Basic White, 2 X 2 1/2, colored with Lt Crumb Cake and Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends
- Stamp Sets: Birds-Beautiful Moments stamp set; Darling Donkey stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick Stamp set and Hey Chick Dies, Many Messages stamp set and Messages dies
- Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Balmy Blue to sponge behind the greeting, and crumb cake to sponge sign and ground
Recipe for the Three Butterfly Friend card, 57:02 on video
This card is cased from Mary Deatherage at Stamps N Lingers with changes to the greeting and the greenery, the number of butterflies and the inside but essentially the same.
- Base: Misty Moonlight, 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4
- Border Layer: Basic Black, 4 X 5 1/4, you will build your card on this layer and then pop it up on the base
- Top Layer: Butterfly Bijou, 5 1/8 X 3 3/4, die cut with second largest Stitched With Whimsy Die and then cut at 1 1/2 to make two top pieces glued directly to the Basic Black with a 1/8″ gap. This gives a 1/16″ border.
- Greeting: Basic White, 3 1/4 X 2 1/4, die cut with second largest Stitched Shape Oval Die
- Greenery: Mint Macaron, 1 3/4 X 3 1/2, stamped with a Forever Fern stamp and die cut with Forever Flourishing Die
- Inside Layer: Basic White, 5 1/8 X 4, Die cut with the 2 3/4 X 1 1/4 Stitched With Whimsy Die to make a frame for the inside greeting. Two small butterflies are fussy cut from a sheet of the Butterfly Bijou DSP.
- Bottom Inside Strip: Basic Black, 1 1/8 X 5 1/8
- Bottom Inside Strip Top Layer: Butterfly Bijou DSP to match the front DSP, 7/8 X 5; this will give you the 1/16″ border on the left and right and a 1/8″ border on the top and bottom to match the 1/8″ gap on the front
- Embellishments: Three little white resin hearts colored with Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blend
- Stamp Sets: Waterfront and Forever Fern
- Ink: Shaded Spruce
Recipe for the Single Butterfly Diagonally cut DSP card, 01:13:00 on video
- Base: Magenta Madness, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score at 4 1/4
- Top Layer: Butterfly Bijou DSP, 5 1/4 X 4, cut diagonally one way, use sticky note to hold that cut in place and cut diagonally the other way to create triangles
- Inside Layer: Basic White, 5 3/8 X 4 1/8, to leave the same border as the front
- Inside Strip: Butterfly Bijou DSP, 1 1/4 X 4 1/8
- Inside Top Layer of strip: Butterfly Bijou DSP, 3/4 X 4 1/8
- Greeting: Basic White, 2 X 1/2, Many Messages stamp set and Messages Dies
- Inside Greeting: Fancy Phrases stamp set
- Square Vellum Doilies: 1 glued on with four glue dots in the middle
- White Twine: 24″
- Butterfly from the Butterfly Bijou DSP cut with the matching Brilliant Wings Die
- Three Pink Pastel Pearls and one small Black Matte Dot for the head of the butterfly
Here is another example with a different piece of Butterfly Bijou DSP and the largest of the butterflies on the Butterfly Bijou DSP:
The outside greeting is another of the Many Messages stamp set and the inside is from the Fancy Phrases stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed these cards and want to make some of the same yourself!
Club is the next event on the second Tuesday of April and it is the last rotation for our club members. Would you like to join a club? Contact me by email: email@example.com or by text 303-815-0838 if you are interested.
If you are delighted by the idea of creating beautiful cards, I invite you to join my Stampin’ Up! downline –Carin’ Crafters and be inspired to learn and help others learn the tricks of the trade!! Click the ‘Join’ tab at the top of the blog.
Thank you for spending time with me today!
SAL, Stamp A Lot with Stampalosopher
Click to go to the online store: March Hostess Code: A3VBV4QZ