Hello Stamping Friends,
Thank you to all who patiently watched the Tuesday Facebook Live that had about 4 technical glitches. Sigh….. I did subscribe to some new streaming software so next Tuesday will rock!
There are two videos since it didn’t refresh after one of the crashes. Also, the videos wouldn’t go to full screen so when you view the videos there is an extra screen in the background. Look below that screen for the scrolling bar so you can scroll past the parts where I am battling the software.
Good point, but every time Facebook changes something I have to figure out how to do what I used to do or perhaps I click on something new and mess things up! Who knows!
Let’s take a look at still pictures in case the video made you dizzy!
This is how your recipients will see the card out of the envelope-curtains closed:
Drum roll for the snowman – don’t you wish we could make him sing!
I refer to the mechanism as a “C Fold”:
And I called the strips on the back of the front – suspenders! The curtains of your mechanism slide through the suspenders.
The back of the card with room to sign your name:
A close up of the curtain and the background trees before we add the snowman:
Mr. Snowman up close:
Note the slots on the sides where you will insert the I-beam:
The I-beam is folded like this on only one side to slide through the slot. It is then opened up to make a stop:
The Blue Version:
I will include this picture because it shows one of the beautiful So Many Snowflakes Dies cut once with the solid color and then again with the Designer Series Paper:
- Snowflake Wishes Stamp Set (bundle with the dies for 10% savings)
- So Many Snowflakes Dies, page 37 of the mini
- Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper (DSP) page 37 of the mini
- Winter Snow Embossing Folder for the curtains, page 37 of the mini
- Rectangle Stitched Die, 4th largest
- Smallest of the stitched shapes circle or a 1 3/8 inch circle punch for the finger holes
- Blue Adhesive Backed Gems, page 37 of the mini
- Word Wishes Dies for Merry Christmas, page 183 of the Annual Catalog
- Snowman Builder Punch, page 167 of the Annual Catalog
- Pine Tree Punch, page 166 of the Annual Catalog
- Garden Gateway Dies for the little red bird, page 181 of the Annual Catalog
- Coastal Cabana Ink and sponge dauber, Whisper White ink
- Stampin’ Blends: Dark Pumpkin Pie, Dark Basic Black, Dark Soft Suede
- Snowflake Sequins, page 64 of the mini catalog
- Pearl or Rhinestone jewels colored black with Stampin’ Blend
- Fine Tip Glue to cover the snowman and then glitter if you like
- Base: Coastal Cabana, 81/4 X 11; cut 1/4″ off a full 8 1/2 X 11 sheet then cut that sheet at 5 1/2 and 4 1/4. You will have( two) 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 pieces for the front and back and (two) 5 1/2 X 4 pieces for the C-fold mechanism.
- Score the two 5 1/2 X 4 pieces at 1 1/4 and 2 3/4 on the long side then burnish your folds to make a C – fold.
- I-Beam: Coastal Cabana, 1 1/4 X 4 1/4; Place horizontally at the 1/2″ line on the Stampin’ Trimmer and make a 1/4″ long cut down from the top and 1/4″ cut up from bottom. Turn and do the other end. Then lay the I-Beam vertically on the Stampin’ Trimmer at the 1/4″ line and cut from 1/2″ to 3 3/4″. Repeat on the other side.
- Suspenders: Coastal Cabana, 5 3/4 X 5/8 scored 3/4 inch on each side; these are glued to the back of the front on each side as shown above
- Front: DSP, color A, 5 1/2 X 4 1/4
- Back of Stage: DSP, color B, 2 7/8 X 4 1/4
- Back sides of Stage, glued over the mechanism: DSP color B (make 2), 1 1/4 X 4 1/4
- Sides of Stage: DSP, color B, (make 2) 1 1/2 X 4, glue on mechanism before cutting I-Beam slots
- I-Beam Strip: DSP color B, 3 1/4 X 3/4
- Greeting Frame: DSP color A, 4 1/2 X 2 3/4, corner rounded on top right and bottom left
- Inside of the Greeting Frame: DSP color B, 4 X 2 1/4
- Merry Christmas Die Cuts: Whisper White, 4 1/2 X 1 1/4, use slightly smaller adhesive sheet backing before cutting. You could also use the cut our from the front rectangle.
- Optional curtain: color as desired; 4 X 2 3/4 embossed with Winter Snow Embossing Folder. I embossed the long portion of the mechanism C-fold with the Winter Snow Embossing folder and then drug the Whisper White ink across the snowflakes for contrast
Glue the front base and the front DSP, color A, together, placing liquid glue only on the outer edge. Do not get glue on the inside. (They should be the same size 5 1/2 X 4 1/4). Place the 4th largest rectangle stitched die 3/4″ from each edge and cut. The cut out is 2 3/4″ X 4″ Use the DSP cut out to punch three trees for the background with the Pine Tree punch:
If you prefer the words to match the base, cut a piece of double back adhesive sheet (page 162 of the Annual Catalog) just a little bit smaller than the rectangle cut out – 2 1/2 X 3 3/4 and glue to the rectangle stitched Coastal Cabana you just cut out. Then place the Merry Christmas dies from Word Wishes dies on the other side of the Coastal Cabana and cut.
For the side slits for placement of the I Beam: First glue the DSP stage sides on the middle section of each mechanism. Stand the mechanisms up in their C shape so that you see the smallest side is to the back, the middle faces inward, and the curtain goes to the front. Scroll back up to the picture that shows the C Fold. This is important so you make both slits at the bottom of the stage. Place the long curtain portion at the 3 1/2″ mark on your Stampin’ Trimmer. Double check that your mechanism’s score lines are at the 3/4″ mark to the right and 3/4″ mark to the left of the middle section where you are cutting. Start your cut up 1/2″ from the bottom of the mechanism and cut 1″. Now carefully move the piece 1/16 of an inch to the left and cut again 1/2″ from the bottom, cutting up 1″. Use your scissors to cut the little 1/16 portions out to make a nice slit.
The video next Tuesday will be a theater card with the Peaceful Nativity silhouettes. I will show the construction of the I-Beam and the I-Beam slits in that video. A picture is worth a thousand words and I think I just gave you enough of both! I hope you will make many versions of this card. It is really fun!
Here is the Nativity version of the Theater card:
It uses the ‘Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper’ and copper foil cut outs with the ‘Nativity Dies’. You do not make an I beam for this card so that you can see the palm trees and sheep on one side and the palm tree and donkey on the other. The theater curtains are embossed with the ‘Dainty Diamonds’ embossing folder and then versa mark is rubbed across the panels and copper embossing powder applied and heated.
Our hostess code is : BX2TBPDE with Cindy as our hostess.
Join me on my Facebook page at 9:30 AM for Take A Break Tuesday, the second Tuesday of each month! Facebook.com/stampalosopher/videos
SAL, (Sharing A Lot)