Happy Fourth of July Stamping Friends!
May you have a wonderful day enjoying friends, food and fireworks and may we all remember that ‘freedom is not free’ and the many who have gone before and are serving now to preserve our freedom! Thank you to all those and thank you to a mighty God – may “One nation under God” be forever true!
This bookmark uses three of my many favorites in the catalog and the new Lemon Lime Twist ‘In Color’ paper. The greetings, front and back, are from “Crafting Forever” . The butterfly is from the ‘Move Me’ Thinlits and has a lovely matching stamp set. I will be posting a card using that set in the near future. For those of you who sell cards, the “Crafting Forever’ stamp set has a separate copyright stamp for using on your cards. The branch is from a long time favorite I hope never retires – “Thoughts and Prayers”. Here are the details:
- Base= Basic Black 2 1/2″ X 6 1/4″
- Front= Lemon Lime Twist 2 1/4″ X 6″
- Butterfly= Basic Black 2 1/2″ X 2 1/2″ Cut with Big Shot and Move Me Thinlits -Two butterfly thinlits used together
- Circles for the top= Basic Black 3/4″, Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″; punched with the 3/16″ hole punch (Crop A Dile)
- Words= Crafting Forever Stamp Set
- Dots on background= You Move Me Stamp Set
- Flowering Branch= Thoughts and Prayers stamp set
- Ribbon= 6″ Ombre Lemon Lime Twist, 6″ Black Baker’s Twine
- Three Rhinestone Basic Jewels
And for a few Fourth of July cards I went back into history and found one I had made by creating two sizes of tubes with card stock and then cutting very thin slices of the tube and mounting them to create a fireworks kind of look:
Remember Paper Pumpkin’s cute pinwheels a few years ago? I mounted them on a decoration I found at the store to make a fun wall hanging:
So celebrate the Stars and Stripes that represent our great country!
SAL, (Salute A Legend)