Home » Posts tagged 'Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set'
Tag Archives: Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set
Not soon, Sal, but we are having a shoebox event next Tuesday with Christine as our hostess and it seemed wise not to get too far behind in my scrapbooking of cards!
Well, Sal, on Facebook we call people who follow posts but never comment – stalkers- so maybe I have a few of those left. I know I use the blog frequently for recipes and sometimes to remind myself that I can do this on those days when the mojo just isn’t there.
Enough of that – let’s look at this card and the fun products I used. I saw the faith, hope, love die with daisies and said “That is my style”! It is from inloveartshop.com
Oops, sorry, I went to verify the link and got lost looking at their site! This die is currently still available for $4.99. It is called ‘Inlovearts Sunflower with “Love, Faith, Hope” Word Cutting Dies’.
- Base: Daffodil Delight 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Layer 1 (X2): Basic White 3 7/8 X 5 3/8, use Corner Rounder Punch on each corner
- For the inside layer use Delicate Details stamp set for the bottom (it sort of matches the black die cut edges on front)
- Use Thoughts & Prayers for the greeting
- Use His Love for the praying hands
- Layer 2: Basic Black 4 X 5 1/2, Place a dryer sheet under the paper and die cut with Ornate Layers Die
- Words & Flowers: Basic White 4 X 4 1/2 for 1 die cut – I used 3 for extra pop of the words
- Daisies on Top: Basic White 6 X 2, punch 3 daisies with small daisy punch
- Middle of the flowers: Daffodil Delight, 2 1/2 X 1, cut the three middles with the die in the set; note: I left the die intact and did not separate the circles from the flowers
- Use Places In The Heart stamp set for the little dots on the middles
- Sponge the edges with Crushed Curry, a little heavy on one side
- Embellish with the clear raindrop dots to look like morning dew
And two punches, Sal, a corner punch and a small daisy punch. What fun to not be tied to using just the current products. I knew this day would come and I am loving it! Now let’s look at what Joy had for us at her shoebox event; you will be thrilled!
This is called a Flying Seagull Fun Fold. A video is at this link.
Joy’s second card is a Lattice Split Card!
There is a tutorial by Brandy Cox here:
Lovely, Joy, your cards are prettier than the tutorials! Thank you!
Does this bring a