Home » Posts tagged 'Pop and Twist Card'
Tag Archives: Pop and Twist Card
Happy New Year! Let’s start it out with a Pop Up and Twist Birthday Card. I used the Elephant Parade Stamp Set and Elephant Dies for Emma’s fourth birthday card as well as the retired Mischievous Mouse Hostess Stamp Set. I wanted 4 mice – 4 elephants – 4 peanuts – 4 butterflies – 4 balloons and 4 bits of bling. Thanks to Jaime Marsh for the front design on Pinterest and Teri Pocock of Stampin’ Magic for a great Youtube video showing how to make the card.
Sort of like the joke.. “The first sign of craziness is a hair on your finger knuckle, the second sign is looking for it!”
Here is Teri Pocock’s youtube video- you will need this for construction of the mechanism.
- Base: Flirty Flamingo, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Flirty Flamingo, 10 X 3 1/2, score at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2; Fold to ‘W’ and burnish well
- Pop Up Mechanism: Flirty Flamingo, 8 X 3 1/2
- Score down the middle of the 3 1/2 side at 1 3/4
- Mark both long sides at 2 1/4 and 5 3/4
- Score on the diagonal from the 2 1/4 to 5 3/4 marks
- Fold the center as a mountain fold
- Fold the diagonals as Valley folds
- Burnish well
- Border Mat top and bottom (X3): Basic White, 4 X 5 1/4 (1/8″ reveal)
- Top Base Layers (X3): Mint Macaron, 3 1/2 X 4 3/4 (1/4″ reveal); Emboss with diamond embossing folder.
- Pop Up Top Layers: Basic White, 3 1/4 X 2 1/4
- Elephants, mice, balloons, butterflies, heart: Basic White, 8 1/2 X 11
- Stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black
- Color with Stampin’ Blends, Lt Smoky Slate, Dk Petal Pink, Mint Macaron
- Peanuts: Stamp 2 with Memento on Mint Macaron and stamp 2 on Flirty Flamingo; die cut
- Grass: Mint Macaron, die cut 5, one for outside, four for inside
- Outside circles:
- Basic White, 3 3/16 die cut circle (retired circle dies)
- Flirty Flamingo, 2 3/4 die cut with layered circle scalloped die
- Basic White, 2 1/16 die cut with layered circle plain circle die
- 4 green sequins
Note: The E, M, M, A and the ‘4’ stamped on the balloons is from one of Stampin’ Up!’s very first photopolymer sets- retired.
“It’s your birthday” is from Mischievous Mouse stamp set.
Oops, I forgot to list that in my notes. The greeting is in the Elephant Parade stamp set and the die is the Pretty Pillowbox die, stamped with the greeting in Mint Macaron on Basic White and then die cut, and a second die cut with flirty flamingo, cut in half and then layered under the basic white.
The heart for the inside greeting is a retired heart punch.
That’s true! “We don’t quit laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit laughing.”
May we keep the childlike love of life!
Sal, Smiling A Lot with this card
Hostess code: MBCZMZ3P
Let’s talk about Stampin’ Up! instead of elephants! January 5th started the beginning of Sale A Bration and the new Mini Catalog! With each $50 or $100 purchase from the mini and/or annual catalogs you receive an item free from the Sale A Bration brochure. Click on the image to see a pdf of the catalog.