Home » Posts tagged 'Ornate Layers Die'
Tag Archives: Ornate Layers Die
I have so much to show you today, so grab a cuppa and a pencil to take notes about the products in the awesome cards that we did at Sharon’s Shoebox Event.
- Garden Green cardstock, Pearlescent paper and gold foil paper
- Merriest Moments bundle with a stamp set, a set of dies and a hybrid embossing folder
- Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set (outside greeting) & Dies, Ornate Layers Dies
- Farmhouse Christmas (inside greeting)
- Pearl bling and gold cord bow
Delighted, Sal!! And she had another Christmas card for us to make!
Just awesome! Thank you, Sharon.
- Navy Blue and Gold Foil paper, Gold Glimmer Paper for the star and brown for the stable scene
- Night in Bethlehem Edgelits Dies
- Candy Canes Die Set for the front greeting piece which has the ribbon run through each side
- Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies for the inside white background layer
- Star Of Light stamp set
Sure does, Sal! And Sharon had more for us. Check out the Halloween card kit she had for all of us:
So cute! I can’t help you with the products on this one. I loved that paper and needed a fall card before Halloween so I saved her cat for another card and made this one:
I used the Nuts About Squirrels stamp set. The funky cut out for the front greeting is the fence post in the Grace’s Garden die set!
Well, so many of the dies were too big and this one fits the words nicely.
Sharon’s birthday was in September so I made her this birthday card:
Sharon gave us a set of the flower blings you see in the card and I wanted to use them on her card so I used the die set I recently bought from Inlovearts and some fun fall designer series paper. The greeting is from the Pretty Petities stamp set with a matching punch. This hasn’t sold from the Bake Sale products so I pulled it out to use it.
I know, Sal; call it sellers remorse but I have run out of room and need to purge.
Then Sharon sent me a thank you card! She loves bees and I found this die set at Simple Pleasures in Colorado Springs and I knew Sharon just ‘had to have it’!! It is a die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Hmmm……… that could be interesting.
Happy fall everyone! I hope you enjoyed the cards and they ..
SAL, Shoebox A Love of crafting
Click a second time on the header to go to the blog.
The Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes in the annual catalog use all five of the new In Colors with cards and matching envelopes. I challenged myself to make a card that matched the envelope!
I chose the smaller of the flowers in the Blessings of Home stamp set and the long stem flower and greenery from the Sending Smiles stamp set cut out with the Sending Dies which even have a die for that itty bitty flower. The envelope has a Starry Sky little flower on the flap so I replicated that look. The Flowers of Home Dies cut out the flower image and the die set has many other images to add greenery!
Recipe for Sending Smiles Tea Boutique Cards
- Base: Tea Boutique Card in Orchid Oasis, Measures 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 folded at 4 1/4
- Layer 1: Basic White, 3 3/4 X 5
- Layer 2: In Color Designer Series Paper in plaid, 3 5/8 X 4 7/8
- Top for die cut pieces: Basic White, 6 X 4 1/2
- stamp smaller flower in Blessings of Home stamp set with Orchid Oasis ink, color with Stampin’ Blends- Lt Fresh Freesia, Lt Granny Apple Green, Lt Call Me Clover and use a Blender pen & Orchid Oasis ink
- stamp in Fresh Freesia ink 2 long stem flowers from Sending Smiles stamp set (outside & inside flower) and use the blender pen and Orchid Oasis ink to add color on the flowers
- stamp one green leaf for outside in Granny Apple Green and one double green leaf for inside, die cut
- Cut ‘sending’ background from the Basic White
- Stamp ‘Love & Big Hugs’ in Orchid Oasis and cut with die in Sending Dies, cut off right edge even with the DSP layer and leave a little on the left edge for a gem when you line up the greeting die
- ‘Sending’ Top Layer: Use the In Color Designer Series Paper left over from layer 2, 1 5/8 X 3 5/8, and add backing of double back adhesive paper 1 1/2 X 3 1/2
- You should have enough of the In Color Designer Series Paper to make two 1 1/8 X 1 1/8 squares to cut diagonally for inside corners
- Greeting on inside of second picture: Basic White, 3 X 3 , Flowering Tulips stamp set, stamped in Starry Sky and cut with a retired Hippo & Friends Die
- Greeting Layer: Starry Sky, 3 X 3, die cut with retired Hippo & Friends Die, cut in half and glue to back of greeting
- Little Flowers (X2): Starry Sky, 1 X 1, die cut with Sending Dies and glue on a scrap of Daffodil Delight
- Embellishments: 5 In Color jewels, 4″ of Fresh Freesia ribbon tied in a knot
The top pieces are all adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals, inside corners and flowers are glued directly down.
I remember you used the Parakeet Party and the Tranquil Tide Cards and Envelopes for the catalog launch and now you have used the Orchid Oasis. What are you going to do with the Starry Sky and Sweet Sorbet?
The Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes have 20 bases with matching envelopes so I have some left of all the colors. (Click for Catalog Launch details). I would love to do more of what I have done here in all the colors!
Recipe for Blossoming Happiness Card
The front of this card is from a kit sent to me when I played Bunco online with Debra Harrison at Simply Sweet In Ink Designs. I created the inside using matching Hues of Happiness DSP and Blossoming Happiness Dies.
Base: Thick Basic White, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
Layer 1: Hues of Happiness DSP, 4 X 5 1/4
Top Layer: Basic White, 4 X 4, Die cut with large Blossoming Happiness Die; Stamp sentiment from Pansy Patch stamp set in Granny Apple Green in upper right of die cut piece
Flower & 2 sets of Leaves: Hues of Happiness DSP die cut with Blossoming Happiness Dies.
Inside Layer: Hues of Happiness DSP with center cut out using retired Ornate Layers Die and stamped in Melon Mambo using the Limited Edition stamp set.
Recipe for New Horizons Card
Base: Misty Moonlight, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, Scored at 4 1/4
Layer 1 (X2): Soft Succulent, 5 3/8 X 4 1/8
Top Layer: New Horizons DSP, 5 1/4 X 4, and 5 1/4 by 2; I wanted the lake in the middle so I cut 3/4″ off the top of the 6″ DSP, then cut the 6″ width into two pieces – 4″ wide with the remaining 2″ wide for inside
Use the Oceanfront stamp set for grass in Evening Evergreen and Boulders in Basic Gray. Note: Stamp the boulders first, mask them, and then stamp the grass
On the Horizon stamp set is used for the birds but stamp lightly or they become blobs -practice makes perfect!
Horizon Dies are used for the fence with a scrap of Basic White and the grass with a scrap of soft succulent.
Thank you for your order is the retired You Always Deliver stamp set.
Embellishments are the retired Pebbles Enamel Shapes.
I know Sal, but I probably go back to my blog posts more than anyone and products come and go so quickly in our catalogs that I need the visual help to identify what I used. The best laid plans go astray!!
I hope I have brought you a “pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world!” Each blog post is posted to my Stampalosopher Facebook page so you can view the blog post there. I also post the cards to Stampin’ Connection, Instagram, Pinterest and sometimes to Demonstrator Planning Place. Someday I will get back to posting cards to my Youtube channel, it is pretty pitiful right now. It really helps if you follow me and like my posts so they are prioritized among all the other hundreds of posts.
Sometimes I think so, too, Sal, but I am so grateful to all the demonstrators who have inspired me over the last 13 years. I may see a bit of an idea on one site that I combine with bits of ideas from other sites and eventually my creative juices put it all together for a card or party favor or…….. I want to do the same for other demonstrators and card makers who are looking for ideas or tips. It’s amazing the little tips you pick up as you watch other demonstrators on youtube.
Thank you for your tolerance of the feast or famine of your inbox this last two months.
Our hostess code for August is 3BACA4QZ to use if your order is under $150 so all the little orders combine for our hostess to receive reward dollars. If you order $150 or more you will get the rewards yourself and it is currently Sale A Bration time so you will receive a Sale A Bration free product for each $50 or $100 spent. It is a great time to resupply your cardstock and get new products for fall and Christmas cards!
Have a wonderful day!
SAL, Sending A Lovely set of cards to inspire you
Karen (click on little Sal in the computer to go to my online store)