Home » Encouragement
Category Archives: Encouragement
Not soon, Sal, but we are having a shoebox event next Tuesday with Christine as our hostess and it seemed wise not to get too far behind in my scrapbooking of cards!
Well, Sal, on Facebook we call people who follow posts but never comment – stalkers- so maybe I have a few of those left. I know I use the blog frequently for recipes and sometimes to remind myself that I can do this on those days when the mojo just isn’t there.
Enough of that – let’s look at this card and the fun products I used. I saw the faith, hope, love die with daisies and said “That is my style”! It is from inloveartshop.com
Oops, sorry, I went to verify the link and got lost looking at their site! This die is currently still available for $4.99. It is called ‘Inlovearts Sunflower with “Love, Faith, Hope” Word Cutting Dies’.
- Base: Daffodil Delight 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Layer 1 (X2): Basic White 3 7/8 X 5 3/8, use Corner Rounder Punch on each corner
- For the inside layer use Delicate Details stamp set for the bottom (it sort of matches the black die cut edges on front)
- Use Thoughts & Prayers for the greeting
- Use His Love for the praying hands
- Layer 2: Basic Black 4 X 5 1/2, Place a dryer sheet under the paper and die cut with Ornate Layers Die
- Words & Flowers: Basic White 4 X 4 1/2 for 1 die cut – I used 3 for extra pop of the words
- Daisies on Top: Basic White 6 X 2, punch 3 daisies with small daisy punch
- Middle of the flowers: Daffodil Delight, 2 1/2 X 1, cut the three middles with the die in the set; note: I left the die intact and did not separate the circles from the flowers
- Use Places In The Heart stamp set for the little dots on the middles
- Sponge the edges with Crushed Curry, a little heavy on one side
- Embellish with the clear raindrop dots to look like morning dew
And two punches, Sal, a corner punch and a small daisy punch. What fun to not be tied to using just the current products. I knew this day would come and I am loving it! Now let’s look at what Joy had for us at her shoebox event; you will be thrilled!
This is called a Flying Seagull Fun Fold. A video is at this link.
Joy’s second card is a Lattice Split Card!
There is a tutorial by Brandy Cox here:
Lovely, Joy, your cards are prettier than the tutorials! Thank you!
Does this bring a
A card that twists from portrait to landscape? Yes, really! This was our Case The Creator card #6 in July. The creator, Twila Davis, was featured on Splitcoast Stampers with this amazing fun fold card. For this card I am using the Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper in Stampin’ Up!’s July-December Mini Catalog -pg 29. For the greeting, holly berries and greenery, I am using the Merriest Moments from the same catalog – pg. 23. It carried over from last year so you can check out last year’s creations with that set HERE.
Definitely different. I had to make one to wrap my mind around how it worked. Here is a picture of the two diagonal pieces that are on the top and bottom and just look like strips from the front.
Here is a printable pdf of the instructions if you would like to case the case!!
My fellow stampers made some great cards for the Zoom meeting!
Joy Meadows used the Wonderful World Designer Series Paper and stamp set available until August 31 as part of the Sale A Bration products!
Beautiful card creations! Thank you, ladies, for participating!
Sale A Bration is going on for another five days!
Paper Pumpkin’s September kit will be a Halloween kit offering 18 treat boxes just right for goodies for the goblins!
Sign up by September 10th HERE
Or go to the online store and buy a paper pumpkin subscription. With a 3 month subscription you will be entitled to a free Sale A Bration item!
It is lovely and will probably sell out soon so best to get it for Christmas cards – NOW!
Thank you for spending time with me as Sal and I bring you a “pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world!”
Our hostess code is X4C4NGU4 to use if your order is under $150. At $150 you will receive the stampin’ rewards yourself. If you don’t have a demonstrator I would be honored to have you shop with me or join my Carin’ Creators Team!
SAL, Sharing A Love of stamping
Karen Click on little Sal in the computer to go to the online store!
Click a second time on the header to go to the blog.
The Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes in the annual catalog use all five of the new In Colors with cards and matching envelopes. I challenged myself to make a card that matched the envelope!
I chose the smaller of the flowers in the Blessings of Home stamp set and the long stem flower and greenery from the Sending Smiles stamp set cut out with the Sending Dies which even have a die for that itty bitty flower. The envelope has a Starry Sky little flower on the flap so I replicated that look. The Flowers of Home Dies cut out the flower image and the die set has many other images to add greenery!
Recipe for Sending Smiles Tea Boutique Cards
- Base: Tea Boutique Card in Orchid Oasis, Measures 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 folded at 4 1/4
- Layer 1: Basic White, 3 3/4 X 5
- Layer 2: In Color Designer Series Paper in plaid, 3 5/8 X 4 7/8
- Top for die cut pieces: Basic White, 6 X 4 1/2
- stamp smaller flower in Blessings of Home stamp set with Orchid Oasis ink, color with Stampin’ Blends- Lt Fresh Freesia, Lt Granny Apple Green, Lt Call Me Clover and use a Blender pen & Orchid Oasis ink
- stamp in Fresh Freesia ink 2 long stem flowers from Sending Smiles stamp set (outside & inside flower) and use the blender pen and Orchid Oasis ink to add color on the flowers
- stamp one green leaf for outside in Granny Apple Green and one double green leaf for inside, die cut
- Cut ‘sending’ background from the Basic White
- Stamp ‘Love & Big Hugs’ in Orchid Oasis and cut with die in Sending Dies, cut off right edge even with the DSP layer and leave a little on the left edge for a gem when you line up the greeting die
- ‘Sending’ Top Layer: Use the In Color Designer Series Paper left over from layer 2, 1 5/8 X 3 5/8, and add backing of double back adhesive paper 1 1/2 X 3 1/2
- You should have enough of the In Color Designer Series Paper to make two 1 1/8 X 1 1/8 squares to cut diagonally for inside corners
- Greeting on inside of second picture: Basic White, 3 X 3 , Flowering Tulips stamp set, stamped in Starry Sky and cut with a retired Hippo & Friends Die
- Greeting Layer: Starry Sky, 3 X 3, die cut with retired Hippo & Friends Die, cut in half and glue to back of greeting
- Little Flowers (X2): Starry Sky, 1 X 1, die cut with Sending Dies and glue on a scrap of Daffodil Delight
- Embellishments: 5 In Color jewels, 4″ of Fresh Freesia ribbon tied in a knot
The top pieces are all adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals, inside corners and flowers are glued directly down.
I remember you used the Parakeet Party and the Tranquil Tide Cards and Envelopes for the catalog launch and now you have used the Orchid Oasis. What are you going to do with the Starry Sky and Sweet Sorbet?
The Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes have 20 bases with matching envelopes so I have some left of all the colors. (Click for Catalog Launch details). I would love to do more of what I have done here in all the colors!
Recipe for Blossoming Happiness Card
The front of this card is from a kit sent to me when I played Bunco online with Debra Harrison at Simply Sweet In Ink Designs. I created the inside using matching Hues of Happiness DSP and Blossoming Happiness Dies.
Base: Thick Basic White, 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
Layer 1: Hues of Happiness DSP, 4 X 5 1/4
Top Layer: Basic White, 4 X 4, Die cut with large Blossoming Happiness Die; Stamp sentiment from Pansy Patch stamp set in Granny Apple Green in upper right of die cut piece
Flower & 2 sets of Leaves: Hues of Happiness DSP die cut with Blossoming Happiness Dies.
Inside Layer: Hues of Happiness DSP with center cut out using retired Ornate Layers Die and stamped in Melon Mambo using the Limited Edition stamp set.
Recipe for New Horizons Card
Base: Misty Moonlight, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, Scored at 4 1/4
Layer 1 (X2): Soft Succulent, 5 3/8 X 4 1/8
Top Layer: New Horizons DSP, 5 1/4 X 4, and 5 1/4 by 2; I wanted the lake in the middle so I cut 3/4″ off the top of the 6″ DSP, then cut the 6″ width into two pieces – 4″ wide with the remaining 2″ wide for inside
Use the Oceanfront stamp set for grass in Evening Evergreen and Boulders in Basic Gray. Note: Stamp the boulders first, mask them, and then stamp the grass
On the Horizon stamp set is used for the birds but stamp lightly or they become blobs -practice makes perfect!
Horizon Dies are used for the fence with a scrap of Basic White and the grass with a scrap of soft succulent.
Thank you for your order is the retired You Always Deliver stamp set.
Embellishments are the retired Pebbles Enamel Shapes.
I know Sal, but I probably go back to my blog posts more than anyone and products come and go so quickly in our catalogs that I need the visual help to identify what I used. The best laid plans go astray!!
I hope I have brought you a “pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world!” Each blog post is posted to my Stampalosopher Facebook page so you can view the blog post there. I also post the cards to Stampin’ Connection, Instagram, Pinterest and sometimes to Demonstrator Planning Place. Someday I will get back to posting cards to my Youtube channel, it is pretty pitiful right now. It really helps if you follow me and like my posts so they are prioritized among all the other hundreds of posts.
Sometimes I think so, too, Sal, but I am so grateful to all the demonstrators who have inspired me over the last 13 years. I may see a bit of an idea on one site that I combine with bits of ideas from other sites and eventually my creative juices put it all together for a card or party favor or…….. I want to do the same for other demonstrators and card makers who are looking for ideas or tips. It’s amazing the little tips you pick up as you watch other demonstrators on youtube.
Thank you for your tolerance of the feast or famine of your inbox this last two months.
Our hostess code for August is 3BACA4QZ to use if your order is under $150 so all the little orders combine for our hostess to receive reward dollars. If you order $150 or more you will get the rewards yourself and it is currently Sale A Bration time so you will receive a Sale A Bration free product for each $50 or $100 spent. It is a great time to resupply your cardstock and get new products for fall and Christmas cards!
Have a wonderful day!
SAL, Sending A Lovely set of cards to inspire you
Karen (click on little Sal in the computer to go to my online store)